10.13.2012

Dinner with My Girlfriends


Ever since I became an entrepreneur for my start-up business, going out to dinner has become a luxury. So going out to a nice restaurant is really a special nicety that I am selective about. Don't get me wrong, I love having a romantic date dinner with my husband as well as sweet family dinner with the kids, but there is something truly special about going out with just the girls (women friends). I think the conversations just flow, at times there could be 3 simultaneous conversations and at other times all five of us are captivated by just one conversation. We talk about anything from raising kids to sex, from life at work to caring for our parents, politics, travel; never boring second! It was five of us a dinner last Tuesday night at a beautiful restaurant downtown called Oro.  Two of my friends I have known since the age of six, the other two since college, so there is nothing off limit for us to discuss. I think since the beginning of time women have felt that way, there is just something really special about being with good friends and absolutely NO RESPONSIBILITY for just three hours at least. Other people must feel this way too, I found this interesting national website: WomenFunFriends .  Do the rest of you feel this way? Thirty some odd years of having dinners together still feels the same but our topics have grown with our friendship. Love to all my old and new women friends! xo, Gigi

No comments:

Post a Comment